Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Easter Banner

My daughter, Katie, asked me to get the Easter decorations out this morning so we could put them up.  Then I realized what a pathetic collection of Easter decorations we have (or perhaps I should say don't have).  So we decided that maybe we could make some of our own.
I have seen some of these super cute banners that are made out of old book pages so I thought it would be fun to do one for Easter.  I found a template and design that I liked here at Creations by Kara.  I decided to spell Easter on mine instead of just doing all eggs because my kids love words and reading so I thought they would like it better.  They helped me pick out the papers for the eggs too.  It only took me about 30 minutes from start to finish and I think it's cute.  I couldn't find my ink to ink the edges but I might ink some edges later when I find it.  Not bad for a first attempt.  Next time I might do a little more with it. 





No comments: