Monday, December 7, 2009

A little holiday fun!

For Thanksgiving we had our first dinner around noon with my in-laws and then we had our second dinner at my parents' around 5:00. So much turkey! One Thanksgiving dinner is big enough but doing two in one day makes me full for about a week. I made a ton of pies this year for family and friends. I ended up making 3 pumpkin, 2 peach, 2 apple, 1 blueberry, 1 cherry, 3 banana cream and 1 french silk. Here's a picture of my pretty cherry and blueberry pies. Yum! I did quite a bit of Black Friday shopping this year. I got up early and left the kids at home with Douglas so I could get it done fast. When I got home Douglas was putting the lights on the house so I helped him finish that and then we put up the tree. The kids had a ton of fun with that. It's a good thing we don't have too many breakable ornaments! We each get an ornament every year that represents something we did that year or something we really enjoyed that year so it makes it really fun to look all the ornaments. Then, of course, my family just did their 3rd annual Gingerbread house contest. It was a lot of fun, as usual. The kids love to help decorate the house! I don't know if we have picked a winner yet for this year but here is our house. Kind of cute isn't it? I liked our house last year better. Douglas had to make sure he had his dog house to stay in when he's in trouble.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Very cute gingerbread house!!!

Ashley said...

Dang woman! Betty Crocker has got a run for her money! Your pies looked delish! Your Tree is so super cute! Are you guys planning to come visit this year?? If so we will have to get together!